TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nostalgic childhood games :3

5 posters

Go down

Nostalgic childhood games :3 Empty Nostalgic childhood games :3

Post by Jirachu 2/19/2022, 9:49 pm

Talk about them here Smile

I liked Barbie games a lot as a kid, I also played the little mermaid two for the PlayStation, an old powerpuff girls game for the PlayStation, and some of the ppg flash games on the Cartoon Network site, diva stars games, sailor moon games, and some Mario (I like using peach). I mainly played games I could play as a girl in. These are generally a collection of the games I played before getting into Pokémon xD though I am sure I was happy when I got into Pokémon that the newer games let you play as a girl too.

There’s lots of other games I am nostalgic for, too, even though I mostly watched my brother, dad, and mom play them (till I got older) Razz I should list those in another post in this thread sometime Smile some I even got super into, one I will mention in this category being chrono cross xD
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Nostalgic childhood games :3 Empty Re: Nostalgic childhood games :3

Post by Melcharge 2/20/2022, 2:08 pm

Some that come to mind are:

- Pokémon Blue Version. My first ever video game, the game my dad found in 1999 and I somehow still have it, kick started my interest in the series, etc. I still like playing it from time to time.

- Spyro the Dragon, one of my major childhood hyperfocuses. The original is my favorite, but all three are great.

- Tigger's Hunny Hunt, my first PS1 game, which was frustrating but fun.

- Kingdom Hearts 1, which I mainly just played on Destiny Islands because I didn't know how to progress. I still had fun. xD

- Mario 64, which I found at a resale shop. I never finished it, but I still had fun. Razz

My parents were never into games, and my brothers were a lot younger than me, so I usually played games by myself as a kid.
Melcharge
Melcharge

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 2/21/2022, 11:35 am

Barbie was a childhood hyper focus of mine, so I used to play a fair amount of my Barbie video games quite frequently xD Especially my Barbie super sports game, which was a really cool game :3 even if I wasn’t so happy as a kid that Barbie couldn’t play the sports in dresses in the game xD

Another game I tended to play over and over a lot was the Super Mario Bros 2 game we had emulated. I always played as peach, and I literally would think she was flying every time she jumped Razz Which I bet is one thing lots of kids would really like if they thought a character could fly. Those days must of been the best Smile In fact, I bet you, Melanie, also liked Spyro a lot for this sort of reason as one of your reasons to hyper focus on him too :3 What could be better than flying?!

Edit; I remember, as a kid, I never could beat the first level of smbros2 xD but I would get determined! When I owned the gba remake of the game as a teenager, though, I finally beat the first level AND the first few worlds Razz Talk about progress! And, of course, I still liked using my favourite childhood character a lot too Smile
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyng 1/28/2023, 12:17 pm

A few that come to mind for me:

- Railroad Tycoon II. A significant factor in developing my interest in trains.

- Roller Coaster Tycoon games. Always fun to torture my poor guests on my super-intense roller coasters Razz .

- Harry Potter games. Only liked the first three, though!

Kyng

Jirachu and Melcharge like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 2/18/2023, 3:01 am

Sailor moon games too. I was thinking, did I play any magical girl games as a kid? And, yes, sailor moon stuff xD that was fun
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyng 2/20/2023, 8:39 pm

I should also add some of the DK educational games - particularly Dinosaur Hunter and Earth Quest.

It's a pity they didn't make more of them... they were a fun and interactive way to learn!

Kyng

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 2/21/2023, 10:24 am

I need to laugh about this thread.

Cos I also played art programs on the computer like they were video games. A lot. I even made rpgs in them xD

I am so proud of myself for that. Smile
Jirachu
Jirachu

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slooroo 10/26/2023, 9:34 pm

Mario for NES: First game ever played, only time my dad liked video games

Final Fantasy IX: What got me into RPGs

Morrowind: Favorite game of all time

Halo series: Got me into FPS games, a lot of fun multiplayer memories with friends

I got plenty more but I might save it for another post
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 12/12/2023, 12:28 am

I also played dress up games as a kid too. French kiss was one I enjoyed a lot that let me dress up sailor moon Smile I wonder if it would be fun for me now, or if it would be too simplex compared to dress ups I played as an adult xD
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdiestKen 12/12/2023, 12:32 am

Thanks to the magic of emulation, I play classic console and arcade games on my computer. Emulators like PS2, Nintendo, arcade, and the Genesis.
NerdiestKen
NerdiestKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum