TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device

3 posters

Go down

PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device Empty PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device

Post by Kyng 5/25/2023, 11:43 pm

https://www.eurogamer.net/playstation-announces-cloud-gaming-handheld-project-cube

Sony has just announced a new handheld gaming device, codenamed Project Q, which will let you stream games from your PS5.

The handheld will launch later this year, PlayStation boss Jim Ryan announced tonight during Sony's bumper PlayStation Showcase event.

A teaser trailer for the device showed a Switch-like design with a tablet-like eight-inch screen bookended by two controller halves.

"Innovation is our passion, and that applies to not just what games you play, but how you play them," Ryan said. "Later this year we will launch a device that enables you to stream any game from your PS5 over Wi-Fi.

So, this is... sort of like a handheld console, but not really? After all, you'd need to already have a PS5 in order to get any use out of it - so it's more like an add-on for your PS5, than a separate console in its own right.

I do think that might limit its appeal somewhat - but, we'll see whether or not it succeeds Smile .

Kyng

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device Empty Re: PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device

Post by Melcharge 5/26/2023, 2:28 pm

Wow, looks like somebody was jealous of the Switch's success. Razz

I'm not too surprised, really. It was only a matter of time before the big companies started copying the Switch.

I won't be bothering with this, even though Renton has a PS5. I prefer playing games on the TV anyway.
Melcharge
Melcharge

Back to top Go down

PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device Empty Re: PlayStation Project Q: handheld streaming device

Post by slooroo 5/27/2023, 6:52 pm

With the Switch and Steam Deck going full speed ahead Sony and Microsoft have little choice
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down