TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jordan Henderson confirms Liverpool departure

2 posters

Go down

Jordan Henderson confirms Liverpool departure Empty Jordan Henderson confirms Liverpool departure

Post by Kyng 7/26/2023, 11:32 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66319609

Jordan Henderson has confirmed he is leaving Liverpool after 12 years, before an expected move to Saudi Arabian side Al-Ettifaq.

The 33-year-old midfielder looks set for the Saudi Pro League in a deal worth £12m plus add-ons.

Posting on his Instagram account, Henderson said: "Just know, I will always be a Red, until the day I die."

Henderson captained Liverpool to their first Premier League title in 30 years in 2020.

The England international also lifted the Champions League, FA Cup, two League Cups, Uefa Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cup during his time on Merseyside.

Honestly, it's quite aggravating to see yet another major star going to Saudi Arabia... they offer no prestige; no chance to build a legacy; and really nothing other than money.

Still, congrats to him on such a successful Liverpool career Smile .

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson confirms Liverpool departure Empty Re: Jordan Henderson confirms Liverpool departure

Post by J-Ster 7/27/2023, 11:54 am

I'm surprised he's moving there when the European Championships are taking place next year. He could not be chosen for the European Championships next year, since there were lots of midfielders in great form in the Premier Leasgue next season, so competition for places in next summer's squad will be tough. And since Henderson will be playing in a league that isn't very prestigious or well-known, he'll probably be dropped from the England squad in favour of the players who are performing well in the top European leagues.

Of course, he 100% has every right to play in whichever league he wants. But it just seems strange that he's moved there when the European Championships are coming up next year.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down