TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Games with endless replay value

4 posters

Go down

Games with endless replay value Empty Games with endless replay value

Post by Kyng 8/28/2023, 9:03 pm

Often, when you've beaten a game, it offers no more challenge, and there's no reason to play it again (unless you want to re-live the story). But there are some games out there that offer immense replay value: you can rack up hundreds, or even thousands, of hours on them, and they'll still remain entertaining. These games have a certain attraction to them, especially for gamers on a budget: one game that you can spend 500 hours playing will be much cheaper than 100 games that you can spend five hours playing Laughing !

This article from Wired.com suggests 11 examples of such games that can be played forever:

• Minecraft;
  • Sid Meier's Civilization VI;
  • The Sims 4;
  • Rimworld;
  • Hades;
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive;
  • Stardew Valley;
  • Fortnite;
  • Total War: Warhammer II;
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim;
  • Factorio.

It's no accident that some of my favourite games are on this list Laughing . I have played six of these - and I have played the first two extensively. To add to that, Civilization V is my most-played Steam game of all time (with 2561 hours at time of writing) - and I still play it sometimes, even though I have Civ 6 Razz .

So, are any of your favourite games on this list - and, do you have any to add?

Kyng

Jirachu and Melcharge like this post

Back to top Go down

Games with endless replay value Empty Re: Games with endless replay value

Post by Melcharge 8/30/2023, 12:15 am

Animal Crossing. Especially New Leaf and New Horizons. New Leaf is my most played 3DS game, at over 700 hours (from 2013 to now, across three copies), and New Horizons was my most played Switch game the last time I checked.

The game never really ends, you just keep living life in the game and collecting things. Plus you can always start over for a fresh town or island with new villagers!
Melcharge
Melcharge

Back to top Go down

Post by slooroo 8/30/2023, 8:28 pm

Any other Elder Scrolls game (the modding community is huge and there will be endless amounts of stuff to do) or Paradox titles like Europa Universalis IV for similar reasons.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 10/1/2023, 10:04 am

I feel yume 2kki never fully loses its charm cos there are so many interesting places to explore xD
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down