TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baldur's Gate 3

2 posters

Go down

Baldur's Gate 3 Empty Baldur's Gate 3

Post by Kyng 9/6/2023, 11:41 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2023/aug/03/baldurs-gate-3-review-the-video-game-where-you-can-do-almost-anything

“Ascripter was convinced that it would make the scene complete if you could be turned into a wheel of cheese,” Larian Studios’ lead systems designer Nick Pechenin tells me. The main story of Baldur’s Gate 3 is about an invasion of tentacle-mouthed creatures that wouldn’t look out of place in one of HP Lovecraft’s Cthulhu horror stories, so a sidequest where a disgruntled wizard transforms you into cheese may seem out of place. But moments like this encapsulate why Larian is the game developer that comes closest to capturing the anarchic freedom of real-world sessions of Dungeons & Dragons.

More than 20 years ago, before Mass Effect and Dragon Age, before even Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, much-loved developer BioWare made its name with Baldur’s Gate and its sequel. “When the original games came out, they were the bleeding edge of what was possible technologically, visually, and story-wise,” says Pechenin. “BioWare was trying to release a game that was as beautiful and as technologically powerful as could be humanly achieved at that stage; that’s what we are trying to do.”

Well, it's been a long time coming - but, judging from the critic reviews, they really seem to have nailed this one :O !

So, have you got the game - or are you interested in getting it?

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Baldur's Gate 3 Empty Re: Baldur's Gate 3

Post by slooroo 10/26/2023, 9:32 pm

I've heard it's a GOTY contender though I don't know if I want it yet or not.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum