TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top Gear to be axed?

2 posters

Go down

Top Gear to be axed? Empty Top Gear to be axed?

Post by Kyng 10/7/2023, 10:08 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/top-gear-bbc-says-decision-on-shows-future-will-be-made-in-due-course-amid-reports-it-will-be-scrapped-12978852

The BBC has said a decision on Top Gear's future will be made in "due course", amid reports the show will be cancelled.

It comes after The Sun quoted a "show insider" saying there was "no way it [Top Gear] could continue" following a crash involving presenter Andrew 'Freddie' Flintoff.

The former England cricketer suffered a serious crash during filming last December.

He was left with broken ribs and severe facial injuries, with the rest of that series cancelled.

Flintoff's son, Corey, said at the time that he was "lucky to be alive" and described it as a "pretty nasty crash".

Not too surprising, to be honest... it's still getting decent viewing figures, but it's never quite managed to recapture the cultural relevance it had during the Clarkson/May/Hammond era.

So, do you think it should continue - or is now the time to put an end to it?

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Top Gear to be axed? Empty Re: Top Gear to be axed?

Post by J-Ster 12/11/2023, 5:09 pm

I think it should just end. I've seen a few episodes of the newer Top Gear, and I just thought that some of the scripted segments didn't work with the newer hosts, because those only work with the kind of chemistry that the old trio have. And at times they tried too hard to emulate the original trio.

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down