TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taylor Swift postpones Rio concert after fan death

2 posters

Go down

Taylor Swift postpones Rio concert after fan death Empty Taylor Swift postpones Rio concert after fan death

Post by Kyng 11/19/2023, 1:03 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-67465742

Taylor Swift has postponed a concert she was due to perform in Rio de Janeiro on Saturday, after a fan died shortly before her show on Friday.

The decision came as thousands of people were already at the stadium as part of her record-breaking Eras tour.

Posting on Instagram, Swift said: "The safety and well-being of my fans, fellow performers and crew has to and always will come first."

Brazil is experiencing an unprecedented heatwave, triggering health alerts.

Authorities warned of the danger to life as temperatures in Rio reached 39.1C on Friday.

Wow, that's horrible news :'( . My condolences to the friend and family of the fan who passed away.

While the postponement of the event will no doubt come as a disappointment to her many fans, I'm sure they'll understand that it's for their own safety.

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Taylor Swift postpones Rio concert after fan death Empty Re: Taylor Swift postpones Rio concert after fan death

Post by Jirachu 11/20/2023, 10:41 am

My heart pours out to the dead fan and her family😭 Taylor is a good woman, looking out so much for peoples’ safety. She sets a positive example for the girls of today. We all gotta keep looking out for each other! I am proud of her. And that fan, I hope she is in heaven now, too…

I read about the heat over at rio that day. Wow, I wonder how anyone can survive over there….(plus I can barely handle heat indexes past 90, myself, so I don’t wanna think about it!)
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down