TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC

4 posters

Go down

Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC Empty Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC

Post by J-Ster 3/14/2022, 4:09 pm

I read on NintendoLife that Mario Kart 8 is set to get multiple new tracks released for it as part of a DLC expansion pack.

It's great the game is finally getting some new tracks, as it's been a bit overdue. I was disapointed no new tracks were released when the game was ported to the Nintendo Switch, but I'm glad we won't have to wait much longer for some new tracks.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jirachu and Jarno like this post

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC Empty Re: Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC

Post by Jirachu 3/15/2022, 9:34 am

I like that Coconut Mall was added to the dlc Smile That sounds like a great track! The name makes me hungry too xD

Edit: oh! I remember that track now Smile I may if only played it a few times, I am unsure, but it was a fun track Smile
Jirachu
Jirachu

J-Ster and Jarno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 3/15/2022, 10:02 am

Jirachu wrote:I like that Coconut Mall was added to the dlc Smile That sounds like a great track! The name makes me hungry too xD

Edit: oh! I remember that track now Smile I may have only played it a few times, I am unsure, but it was a fun track Smile

Yeah, it's awesome to see the return of that track, since it's one of my favourites from the Wii version. It also has very catchy music too.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jirachu and Jarno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melcharge 4/14/2022, 2:08 am

Coconut Mall is coming back? That's great! Smile It was my favorite track from Mario Kart Wii! Not sure if I'll buy the DLC, but that's still cool. xD
Melcharge
Melcharge

J-Ster and Jarno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 7/10/2023, 3:41 pm

Wave 5 has now just been announced:

Here's the full list of tracks that we're getting in wave 5.
Athens Dash (Mario Kart Tour)
Daisy Cruiser (Mario Kart: Double-Dash!!)
Koopa Cape (Mario Kart Wii)
Los Angeles Laps (Mario Kart Tour)
Moonview Highway (Mario Kart Wii)
Squeaky Clean Sprint (A brand new track)
Sunset Wilds (Mario Kart Super Circuit)
Vancouver Velocity (Mario Kart Tour)

I think that looks like a very good wave. There are a couple of really good Wii tracks there, in my opinion. Koopa Cape has great music, the river part is quite good, and the part where you go down the pipe and try to avoid the electrical lasers is quite cool too. Although, it was a shame that Mario Kart 7 removed most of the lasers from the pipe. I'm glad that Moonview Highway is being added too.

I haven't played Mario Kart Tour, so the three tracks from that game being added will be new tracks for me. But those new tracks look cool.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jarno liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 7/19/2023, 1:49 pm

I've now played wave 5 of the DLC, and I don't like some of the changes they made to a few of the tracks to make them easier. Moonview Highway now has less tarffic obstactles, which makes the track more dull. Koopa Cape removed the underwater lazers that appeared in the pipe part of the track. It used to be good trying to dodge those on the Wii version, but now them being removed means it's a bit dull to drive through the pipe now. As for Daisy Cruiser, the tables no longer move nearly as much as they used to, which makes the track a lot easier.

I think it's a shame they removed some obstacles from the a few of the tracks, because without them the tracks seem more dull. Although, the new Mario Kart Tour tracks were cool to play, though.

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jarno liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarno 8/9/2023, 11:10 am

the dlc is awesome
Jarno
Jarno

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarno 8/9/2023, 11:10 am

J-Ster wrote:I've now played wave 5 of the DLC, and I don't like some of the changes they made to a few of the tracks to make them easier. Moonview Highway now has less tarffic obstactles, which makes the track more dull. Koopa Cape removed the underwater lazers that appeared in the pipe part of the track. It used to be good trying to dodge those on the Wii version, but now them being removed means it's a bit dull to drive through the pipe now. As for Daisy Cruiser, the tables no longer move nearly as much as they used to, which makes the track a lot easier.

I think it's a shame they removed some obstacles from the a few of the tracks, because without them the tracks seem more dull. Although, the new Mario Kart Tour tracks were cool to play, though.

yeah koopa cape was better in wii version
Jarno
Jarno

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarno 8/9/2023, 11:12 am

I really like waluigi's pinball machine that was one of my favourite tracks in mario kart ds together with airship fortress
Jarno
Jarno

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 12/1/2023, 7:11 pm

Jarno wrote:I really like waluigi's pinball machine that was one of my favourite tracks in mario kart ds together with airship fortress
Those two were some of my favourite tracks from the DS version too. I'm surprised they didn't bring Airship Fortress back in the dlc at some point.

Anyways, wave 6 of the DLC is now out:

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down