TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E3 2023 cancelled

3 posters

Go down

E3 2023 cancelled Empty E3 2023 cancelled

Post by Kyng 4/2/2023, 6:03 pm

https://www.ign.com/articles/e3-has-been-canceled

Almost a year after announcing its return, the Entertainment Software Association announced today to its members that this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), has been canceled, IGN can confirm.

Two sources have confirmed to IGN that the organization announced the cancellation via an email sent out to its members today. The email said that while E3 "remains a beloved event and brand" that the 2023 version "simply did not garner the sustained interest necessary to execute it in a way that would showcase the size, strength, and impact of our industry."

The ESA concludes the email by reiterating its commitment to advocacy work. It does not mention undertaking the show again in future years.

Well, I think this is "RIP E3". Back when E3 2022 was cancelled, I said that a successful 2023 event was probably their last chance to stay relevant - and now, we've found that there won't be one at all.

Still, with all the major players sitting it out or organising their own events, the question is: why bother? I guess they realised they didn't have a good answer to that.

Kyng

Back to top Go down

E3 2023 cancelled Empty Re: E3 2023 cancelled

Post by slooroo 4/3/2023, 6:20 pm

With groups like Nintendo doing their own thing now E3 has been losing relevance for ages anyway
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 4/4/2023, 9:23 am

Yeah, I think it definitely looks like this is the end of E3. With video game companies now doing their own showcases, it'll be nearly impossible trying to do an E3 without the main comapnies.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down