TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A video game-related TV series/movie club

2 posters

Go down

A video game-related TV series/movie club Empty A video game-related TV series/movie club

Post by J-Ster 9/15/2023, 5:54 pm

So, here's an idea that I've recently thought of.

I was thinking about starting a club on this forum. I recently saw that TCH forum recently started a book club on its forum. In that club the members each nominate a book each month, then the members read that book, and then discuss the book. I thought it looked like a good idea, and a good way to create conversations. The club that I thought we could run on here would be a TV/movie club where members of the club nominate ideas for video game-related movies and TV shows that they'd like to watch. I thought having a video game theme would work since nearly every member on here likes video games.

The way the club format would work is that once the members of the club have watched whatever movies/TV shows are nominated, everyone then discusses the movie/series. However, all the TV shows/movies nominated must be video game-related. So it would be stuff such as the Mario Bros movie, a Pokémon movie, etc. Basically, any movie or series that is based on a video game.

I think we could have 2-3 different films, or TV series be nominated for each month. That way if someone isn't interested in watching one option, (or doesn't have whatever TV streaming service that one option is on) then they won't have to miss out in participating in that month. "Everyone watches the same thing" doesn't work, because it's too difficult to get everyone to agree to watch the same thing, or they might be unable to because the only way to watch that particular film is on a TV streaming service that they don't own. (And it's not worth paying for a month's subscription just to watch one particular movie or TV show)
And by having the choice  of 2-3 options to watch, then if someone wants to watch and discuss more than 1 option, then they could also watch and then discuss the other options too. But here's the format the club would work:

1. At the start of each month, members nominate and choose which films/series they'd like to watch.
2. Once the options have been chosen, members then watch the options.
3. Once a member has watched the film/series, they then post their opinions in this thread. Then the discussions start to take place.

So, with the rules and format for the club explained, now all that's left to do is decide what to watch.

I think one option could be a Pokémon series, since there is official free app and website for Pokémon episodes (Pokemon TV) so everyone can watch the episodes for free. However, since the Pokémon seasons are really long, we should probably choose a certain arc or set of episodes to watch. Since the seasons on the app and website rotate regularly, next month the app will add the 5th season to the app. I think we could watch episodes 57-63 of season 5, since those set of episodes are the Johto League (The leagues are what each series builds up to). So we could discuss the battles that take place, the strategies used, the episode pacing and plots.

So, what other TV series or movies would people like to nominate? I think we should officially start the club next month.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

A video game-related TV series/movie club Empty Re: A video game-related TV series/movie club

Post by Jirachu 9/16/2023, 10:45 pm

I would like to join Smile
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

A video game-related TV series/movie club Empty Re: A video game-related TV series/movie club

Post by Jirachu 12/20/2023, 12:29 am

This thread is an awesome idea, we should revive it.
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 12/20/2023, 11:07 am

Jirachu wrote:This thread is an awesome idea, we should revive it.

If you and anybody else want to revive the idea, then I'd certainly be up for it. Smile Although, we need at least a couple of people to join, since the main point of this club is to generate discussions about TV and movies.

Also, I think we could do with some new nominations for TV/films to watch. And we should keep on having a list of 2-3 options of TV shows/films to watch. It's too hard to get everyone to agree on the same thing to watch because everyone has different interests when it comes to films, but if we have a list of 2-3 options, then people will have a chance to watch something that they like, rather than something they'd find boring and un-interesting. And everyone can then discuss the TV show/films with other people who watched the same thing.

Or maybe we could change the club to general TV-show and movies club. So that way people nominate any TV shows and films for the club to watch. But that might not work, because even a list of 2-3 options might contain TV series or films that a member might completely find boring. The main reason I picked a video game theme for the club is too narrow down the choices of films and TV series to watch, because having the option of nominating any TV show or film is quite overwhelming.

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down