TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EA Sports FC 2024

2 posters

Go down

EA Sports FC 2024 Empty EA Sports FC 2024

Post by Kyng 9/28/2023, 11:20 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66917614

For 30 years, the name Fifa has been as synonymous with video games as it has with real-life football. But that is set to change.

EA Sports FC, the new incarnation of the football simulator made by Electronic Arts (EA), hits the shelves this week.

The games maker is stepping out of the football governing body's shadow following a reported disagreement over the cost of the licence to use the Fifa name.

The game has been the best-selling franchise in the UK since the 1990s, and one expert says the scale of the rebranding effort was "unheard of".

Few companies choose, from a position of market dominance, to scrap their name and logo.

I have to admit, I still can't get over the name change... I get that they couldn't justify paying for the 'FIFA' brand any more, but the name 'EA Sports FC' just sounds like a cheap knock-off :-/ .

With that being said: as long as the core gameplay is still the same, I don't expect the players will mind!

Kyng

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

EA Sports FC 2024 Empty Re: EA Sports FC 2024

Post by J-Ster 9/29/2023, 5:55 pm

It's strange seeing the series have a new name now. And yeah, I completely agree that 'EA Sports FC' just sounds like a cheap knock-off.

I'll certainly be buying the PS4 version of this game at some point, since I enjoy playing FIFA games.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down