TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3DS And Wii U Online Play Ends In "Early April" 2024

2 posters

Go down

3DS And Wii U Online Play Ends In "Early April" 2024 Empty 3DS And Wii U Online Play Ends In "Early April" 2024

Post by J-Ster 10/4/2023, 8:55 pm

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/10/3ds-and-wii-u-online-play-ends-in-early-april-2024

Quote from the article wrote:In news that's been a long time coming, Nintendo has announced it will be ending "online play and other functionality" that uses online communication for both the 3DS and Wii U as of "early April" 2024.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favourite Wii U/3DS games to play online were Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Super Smash Bros. I'll be sure to play both Mario Karts online again sometime before the online play officially ends.

It's a shame the online play is ending, but it sure did have a good run, - and it's nice online play was available to use for years after both the Wii U and 3DS got discontinued.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

3DS And Wii U Online Play Ends In "Early April" 2024 Empty Re: 3DS And Wii U Online Play Ends In "Early April" 2024

Post by Melcharge 10/5/2023, 8:46 pm

Awww, that stinks. No more online play for old Pokémon games (including the re-releases of gens one and two), Animal Crossing NL, or any other games, no more 3DS image share, etc. I love the 3DS still and play it a lot, so this was sad for me to hear.

Renton thinks they're shutting down the 3DS/Wii U online play to make room for the console that replaces the Switch. This could be a sign that we're getting a new console soon.
Melcharge
Melcharge

Back to top Go down