TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saudi Arabia to host 2035 Women's World Cup?

2 posters

Go down

Saudi Arabia to host 2035 Women's World Cup? Empty Saudi Arabia to host 2035 Women's World Cup?

Post by Kyng 10/19/2023, 11:25 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67160971

Saudi Arabia wants to host the 2035 Women's World Cup, says the technical director of the country's women's team.

The Gulf kingdom has already lodged a formal bid to host the 2034 men's World Cup.

"I believe it's a bright future (for the women's and girls' game in Saudi Arabia)," said Monika Staab at the Leaders Week conference at Twickenham.

Saudi Arabia has been accused of human rights abuses and same-sex sexual activity is illegal.

There are also concerns over women's rights in the county.

Gah, I really hope not. First of all, I don't want to see more and more of these major sporting events being bought by wealthy countries with no sporting tradition. Secondly, handing the tournament to a country with such a poor women's rights record would just make a complete mockery of the whole thing.

I do hope this doesn't happen - but, we'll have to wait and see.

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Saudi Arabia to host 2035 Women's World Cup? Empty Re: Saudi Arabia to host 2035 Women's World Cup?

Post by slooroo 10/20/2023, 6:43 pm

Saudi Arabia's been very aggressive in either buying up sports promotions or at least getting major deals signed for huge events (see: WWE)
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down