TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ocarina of Time turns 25 years old

3 posters

Go down

Ocarina of Time turns 25 years old Empty Ocarina of Time turns 25 years old

Post by Kyng 11/22/2023, 12:14 am

https://www.ign.com/articles/remembering-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time-25-years-on

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time turns 25 today. You’re in good company if that makes you feel old. I posted my review of Nintendo’s first 3D Zelda action-adventure here on IGN on November 25, 1998, just two days after it hit stores in the US. We had received a special delivery with a boxed, final copy containing a shiny, golden cartridge just a few days prior – and I vaguely remembered spending a few delirious nights playing the game for review in our offices at Imagine Media (our former parent company – and the original “I” in "IGN"), then located south of San Francisco in Brisbane, California.

Prior to playing Ocarina of Time, my favorite game of all time was A Link to the Past – so to say that I was looking forward to playing and reviewing it would’ve been the understatement of the decade. I don’t remember if there was much discussion in the office as to who would review it, either – I doubt it – but any attempted claim would’ve been futile. I’d never wanted to play a game as much as Ocarina of Time and I would’ve spat rocks at anyone trying to challenge me to my nerd right.

Wow, this does make me feel pretty old :O . I've never played the game, but I'm well aware of its reputation as one of the greatest games of all time!

What are your thoughts on it?

Kyng

J-Ster and Melcharge like this post

Back to top Go down

Ocarina of Time turns 25 years old Empty Re: Ocarina of Time turns 25 years old

Post by J-Ster 11/24/2023, 8:51 pm

I've played the 3DS remake of it. I got stuck on one level, but I can't remember which one it was. I need to try and complete it sometime.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyng 11/25/2023, 12:34 am

J-Ster wrote:I've played the 3DS remake of it. I got stuck on one level, but I can't remember which one it was. I need to try and complete it sometime.

Well, if you ever do, then good luck Smile !

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Post by Melcharge 11/25/2023, 4:19 pm

I've played it a bit on the Wii Virtual Console forever ago, but I think I got stuck pretty fast. Razz I bought it from the 3DS E-Shop before it shut down because I wanted to try it again. This time maybe Renton could help me beat it. xD

Honestly, Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen turning 20 next year makes me feel older than this! I'm not very good at Zelda games, sadly.
Melcharge
Melcharge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down