TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Boy Color turns 25

2 posters

Go down

Game Boy Color turns 25 Empty Game Boy Color turns 25

Post by Kyng 1/1/2024, 10:45 pm

https://www.nintendolife.com/features/game-boy-color-a-quarter-century-of-colour-nintendo-handhelds

It's now 25 years since Game Boy Color launched, and for many of us in the West, it was on this system that we first caught and traded Pocket Monsters with pals back in 1998.

Backwards compatible with the entire Game Boy library, the Game Boy Color refined the DMG and the smaller Game Boy Pocket with its sharp little colour screen and contoured body that felt even more comfortable in your hands and your pockets. It wasn't backlit, so there was still room for improvement, but in addition to the colour on the screen, a range of snazzy case colours (which matched the five colours of the COLOR in the system’s logo) reinforced the idea that the GBC was, in fact, the idealised, final expression of the 8-bit system that launched nine years prior.

Happy 25th birthday to the Game Boy Color! I never had one myself, but I do remember other people at school playing Pokémon games on them.

What about you?

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Game Boy Color turns 25 Empty Re: Game Boy Color turns 25

Post by slooroo 1/2/2024, 1:31 am

I have my Game Boy Color still. It was a fun handheld with a great library. Unfortunately because backlighting wouldn't be a thing until the GBA SP it's better to emulate those games today.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down