TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video games that aged badly

5 posters

Go down

Video games that aged badly Empty Video games that aged badly

Post by Jirachu 4/20/2021, 12:09 pm

Talk bout the here xD

Animal Crossing for the GameCube. There is a lack of places to store in-game furniture and items. The villagers can do really annoying things like force you to give them your items, and paint your house roof without your permission. And there is a lack of stuff to do in the game.
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Video games that aged badly Empty Re: Video games that aged badly

Post by J-Ster 4/20/2021, 12:57 pm

Animal Crossing: Wild World has aged badly. Animal Crossing: Wild World felt like a huge step back from the already released GameCube version. It had terrible frame rate, a lack of features, very little storage space for items and patterns. The only thing it had going for it was that it was a portable Animal Crossing game, until New Leaf was released.

When Animal Crossing: New Leaf was released five years later, it felt superior to AC: Wild World in every way possible and fixed the issues AC: Wild World suffered from.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyng 5/25/2021, 10:01 pm

LEGO Island.

Back in the late 1990s, this thing blew my mind. But, it just doesn't look like much now Razz :

Kyng

Jirachu liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 3/28/2023, 1:34 pm

Mario Party 8. This was the first of two Mario Party games to be released for the Nintendo Wii console. Back when the Wii was the latest Nintendo console, I used to enjoy playing this game with friends. However, I recently decided to try playing it again after many years, but it's not as fun as I remember it to be.

A lot of the minigames in it seem to not be as creative as some other Mario Party games. (The one where you paddle down a muddy lake is just tedious, since you go at a very slow pace) And some minigames are literally just tilting the Wii remote to the left or right. And some of the single-player mode's cut-scenes were needlessly long at times.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by slooroo 3/29/2023, 7:04 pm

Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon. I love these gens and still play them but the balance is god awful in parts of it. Gen 2 I find you reach a point where wild encounter Pokemon are way too low level for grinding purposes.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 6/4/2023, 10:21 am

slooroo wrote:Gen 1 and 2 of Pokemon. I love these gens and still play them but the balance is god awful in parts of it. Gen 2 I find you reach a point where wild encounter Pokemon are way too low level for grinding purposes.
For me, and a lot of others, gen one probably is one of the best aged Pokémon games cos of all the cool glitches xD For me, anyways, that gives them a special little charm. I like weird little glitchy things.
Jirachu
Jirachu

Melcharge liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 7/4/2023, 4:37 pm

This isn't a game, but rather the feature of a game. The C-Gear from the Unova sequels hasn't aged well at all for multiple reasons. Firstly, putting it on the touch screen felt like a terrible design choice, and you have no use for it during normal gameplay. Barley anything appears on the touch screen during gameplay. And it's annoying how the game will prompt you about it every time you load your save, and if you select the 'no' it will then ask you to confirm that option again. It's annoying how it constantly asks you for confirmation whenever you load the game. However, it was only useful for playing online with the DS's wi-fi. However, the wi-fi for the Nintendo DS closed less than two years after the game was launched, making the C-Gear feature completely useless pretty quickly.

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 12/20/2023, 12:28 am

Really, any game that is best played online but then the online mode for its system is shut off goes with this thread to some level.
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by NerdiestKen 12/27/2023, 1:53 pm

I'll have to say the Madden NFL franchise. Not a fan of it, but still.
NerdiestKen
NerdiestKen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down