TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clear features missing from video games

5 posters

Go down

Clear features missing from video games Empty Clear features missing from video games

Post by J-Ster 1/5/2023, 1:09 pm

When we're playing a video game, we might sometimes think about ways which it could be improved to make it even more fun, or make the gameplay an improvement. However, sometimes it's clear that certain features should have been included in games, and is strange to think why they weren't included.

In the first five generations, it used to only be Pokemon involved in the battle would earn exp points. Now this EXP share feature was added in the generation 6 games, but had this option to be turned off. This feature means that exp points earned from battles is shared across your team and it gives additional exp points too, making the game easier. This feature also appeared optional in the R/S remakes and generation 7 games. However, in Pokemon gen 8, 9 and D/P remake games, there is no way to turn off the EXP share feature. This makes the game far more easier for players who have played lots of Pokemon games, and can change the strategies people like to use on stuff like nuzlockes of the game. It just is a bit strange that it went from being optional, to just being on all the time.

J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jirachu and Melcharge like this post

Back to top Go down

Clear features missing from video games Empty Re: Clear features missing from video games

Post by slooroo 1/6/2023, 2:38 am

I'd rather it be turned off. Scarlet/Violet has changed balancing a hair I noticed to make things a little tougher to fight but still you can easily end up overleveled. I took out a titan in one hit just from being overleveled and I beat Iono with one Pokemon.
slooroo
slooroo

J-Ster and Melcharge like this post

Back to top Go down

Clear features missing from video games Empty Re: Clear features missing from video games

Post by Kyng 2/3/2023, 11:56 pm

The Sims 4 doesn't have cloud saving... I thought it did. And because I was relying on a non-existent feature for my backups, I lost my save Sad !

(Not to worry... I'll re-create my Sims Razz )

Kyng

Back to top Go down

Post by Melcharge 2/4/2023, 6:02 pm

I agree completely about the EXP Share, J-Ster. I had been evenly leveling my Pokémon since 2006 and I even had a system for it that I had refined over the years. Then I had to think up a new system that takes the EXP Share into account. Annoying. I tried playing Shield with my old system, and it didn't work well.

Also, when D/P came out I thought all Pokémon games from then on would have a day/night cycle and music that changed depending on time of day. The music feature never returned again. The day/night cycle was around for a while, but eventually went away too. When B/W came out I thought seasons would be a permanent feature, but nope. Only one generation of games had it.
Melcharge
Melcharge

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slooroo 2/6/2023, 8:41 pm

My issue with EXP Share forced on also is that with raids it's not like leveling is slow anymore anyway. You can take a Pokemon from 1 to 100 + max EVs and IVs in a hour or less now.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 5/17/2023, 4:49 pm

Another one I can think of is not having the ability to skip the the tutorial in Pokémon, games. In Pokémon, games, there is always a part near the beginning of a game where the a character in the game does a tutorial on how to catch a Pokémon. Now, this is helpful for new players who haven't played a Pokémon game before, but for players who have played a Pokémon game before, it's annoying to not be able to have the option to skip this tutorial. Thankfully, it only lasts a couple of minutes, so it's not a huge problem, but it's a bit annoying to have to watch this tutorial every time you start a new save file in a Pokémon game.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Melcharge liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by slooroo 5/18/2023, 3:48 am

Scarlet/Violet made the tutorial a lot shorter than usual and it's actually interactive. I didn't mind it as much.
slooroo
slooroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jirachu 10/1/2023, 10:11 am

I kinda feel bummed out they toke the Pokémon world out of yume 2kki before I got to play it xD; (it’s a fan game, so it’s always evolving and changing lol)
Jirachu
Jirachu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down