TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion

4 posters

Go down

Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion Empty Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion

Post by J-Ster 7/3/2023, 1:29 pm

It's been a while since I've modified the forum layout. However, I have an idea for a new board, and the idea to get rid of one. So, I'd like to outline those ideas in this post. Here are the changes I'm thinking of making:

1. Add a 'Blogs' board to the forum

This year, the general chat thread has been getting lots of blog posts (posts about trips, hobbies, posts about a person's day) being posted in it. However, they do tend to get buried very quickly under new posts in that thread, since that thread regularly gets posted in. We also have a few blog threads on this forum. However, since there's never been a specific board made for them, people have posted them in either the general chat board, or the writing board. If we made the blogs board, then we could move the exsisting threads there.

2. Remove the Pokémon Video Games board

We have a lot of boards on the forum, so if we're adding a new one, it's best to get rid of an old one. So, I think we should get rid of the Pokémon Video Games board.  This section hasn't been posted in much this year. And even last year it wasn't getting many new posts or threads either. Compared to the other video game boards, this one has been getting a lot less posts and threads made in it recently. At this point, it'd probably be better for the board to be merged with the Nintendo board.

So, should I go ahead with these changes?
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Jarno liked this post

Back to top Go down

Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion Empty Re: Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion

Post by Kyng 7/5/2023, 11:11 pm

Yes, both of these make sense Smile .

Kyng

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion Empty Re: Adding a board and removing an old board suggestion

Post by J-Ster 7/6/2023, 4:25 pm

Thanks, @Kyng! Smile

If there's nothing further to add, then I intend to make these changes in a few days time.
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarno 7/7/2023, 11:01 am

sounds good
Jarno
Jarno

J-Ster liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Melcharge 7/7/2023, 10:25 pm

Good idea. Smile I'd love a blogs board. I'd definitely make a thread there.

As long as the threads already there aren't deleted, I'm okay with the Pokémon games board being gone.
Melcharge
Melcharge

J-Ster and Jarno like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Ster 7/10/2023, 9:50 am

Don't worry, @Melcharge! Threads never get deleted when we remove boards. Threads are always just moved to whichever board they work best in.

Anyways, since there doesn't seem to be a whole lot more to add to this, I'll go ahead and do the changes now.

Thanks, everyone! Smile
J-Ster
J-Ster
Admin

Melcharge liked this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down