TDHF (The Dazzling House Forum) A forum for video game topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Concierge

2 posters

Go down

Pokémon Concierge Empty Pokémon Concierge

Post by Kyng 12/29/2023, 11:01 pm

First announced back in February 2023, the new stop-motion animation series Pokémon Concierge is now available to watch on Netflix.

Developed by The Pokémon Company, Dwarf Studios, and Netflix Animation, Pokémon Concierge follows protagonist Haru, who takes on a job as concierge at the idyllic 'Pokémon Resort'. Her role is to ensure that Pokémon and their respective trainers receive the very best care during their stay at the resort.

We've managed to watch one episode at the time of writing and it's a genuinely lovely little show; heartwarming and funny in equal measure. The true star, however, is the animation itself. It's worlds apart from what you'd come to expect from a Pokémon TV series, and frankly, it's all the better for it. We just want to cuddle all the Pokémon.

It won't be to everybody's taste, but with each episode clocking in at roughly 20 minutes in length, we'd say it's at least worth a shot if you're even remotely interested in Pokémon.

Well, the premise is a bit weird, and the animation style is a bit 'uncanny valley' for my tastes, but I'm sure some people will enjoy it Smile .

In any case, I might give this a go when I've finished what I'm currently watching!

Kyng

Melcharge liked this post

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Concierge Empty Re: Pokémon Concierge

Post by Melcharge 12/31/2023, 12:21 am

Oh wow, this looks MUCH better than I expected! I was expecting boring old CGI pretending to be stop-motion, but this looks like actual stop-motion!

I really want to see it now. The Pokémon look adorable. Especially the Furret. The Furret is amazing.

Now to convince Renton to watch it with me.
Melcharge
Melcharge

Back to top Go down